Perfect Evenness with Laser Technology
The optical sensor systems offered by VÖGELE work with laser beams so that the measurements remain unaffected by external influences such as wind or air density differences. What is more, with their long reach, they guarantee completely flat surfaces, even in extreme paving projects. The distance between the laser receiver and the transmitter can be up to 300m, depending on the allowed tolerance and the laser type used.
When using a laser receiver for grade and slope control, the elevation is picked up by the reception of laser beams. A rotary laser generates a precise plane with its horizontally rotating laser beam, which is picked up by the receiver. This plane serves as an artificial reference.
Precise grade and slope control within a range of 29cm
If the laser receiver moves above or below the laser plane, the deviation in elevation is detected and signals for correction are emitted to VÖGELE NIVELTRONIC Plus®, the System for Automated Grade and Slope Control. NIVELTRONIC Plus® then moves the hydraulic rams for the screed tow points up or down, bringing the screed back to its specified position. With its large measuring range of ± 14.5cm, the laser receiver can also be used if there are large irregularities in the ground, without having to mechanically adjust the height of the laser transmitter or the laser receiver.
The perfect sensor – also for large areas
The laser receiver can be located in a very high position. Installing it at a height up to 4.5m guarantees undisturbed operation, even with job site vehicles passing. The laser receiver is, therefore, particularly suited to surfacing large areas with constant longitudinal and transverse slopes.
Use of various sensor systems
The laser receiver can also be combined with any other VÖGELE sensor to control the other side of the screed, thus opening up a variety of different applications. It is naturally also possible to combine two laser receivers.
The Advantages at a Glance
- The VÖGELE laser receiver is ideally suited for paving work on large, even areas.
- The rotating beam emitted by the laser transmitter produces a laser plane, which is picked up by the laser receiver on the paver.
- Should the laser receiver on the paver move above or below the laser plane, signals for correction are emitted to NIVELTRONIC Plus®, the VÖGELE System for Automated Grade and Slope Control.
- The VÖGELE laser receiver can be used with standard-type rotary lasers featuring wavelengths between 600 and 1,030nm. Various makes are possible.
- Positioning the laser receiver at a height up to 4.5m guarantees uninterrupted operation even with job site vehicles passing.
VÖGELE Laser Receiver LS-3000
|Operating Voltage||20VDC – 30VDC|
|Current Input||135mA (approx.)|
|Pick-up Range||29cm (± 14.5cm)|
|Output Signal||0.1V/cm (Reference 4V)|
|Wavelength||> 600nm – < 1,030nm|
|CAN Interface||ISO 11898 – 24V, 125kbit/sec|
|Ambient Temperature||-40 °C to +70 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Type of Enclosure||IP 67|