Single- Tube Telescoping System for Extending Screeds
VÖGELE Single-Tube Telescoping System
The hydraulically extending units of VÖGELE screeds slide in and out smoothly on a single-tube telescoping system. The three-section telescoping tube is amply dimensioned (150/170/190mm) and optimally stabilzed. Even with the screed set to its maximum width, each tube section is extended by no more than half. Low-wear teflon tape inside the telescoping tube provides for jerk-free sliding. For screed width control, two hydraulic rams are installed which can be operated very precisely.
VÖGELE Extending Screeds place all kinds of layers with highest precision, also those varying in thickness across the pave width when building crowned pavement profile, for instance. Thanks to the 3-point suspension of the screed’s extending units, torsional forces exerted to these units by pressure of the mix cannot affect the screed’s telescoping system. Forces are absorbed at the telescoping tube’s outer point of attachment to the extending unit, by a fixed guide tube and a sliding restraint system. Thanks to this design, the screed’s extending units move in and out smoothly, nothing can jam or get stuck.
The VÖGELE Single-Tube Telescoping System at a Glance
- Amply dimensioned, sturdy telescoping tubes featuring high-precision operation.
- They provide for excellent stability of the screed, a condition of prime paving results.
- Telescoping tubes are located in high positions. Any contact with hot mix is positively avoided.
- Even with the screed set to its maximum w idth, telescoping tubes are extended by no more than half, which provides for zero flexing.
- Thanks to 3-point suspension of the screed’s extending units, nothing can jam or get stuck.